[Aftld-members] [cctldcommunity] Planning for the ICANN71 Policy Forum: topic proposals plenary sessions

Barrack Otieno barrack at aftld.org
Wed Apr 14 09:37:12 EAT 2021

Dear All,

  I am forwarding you an email on behalf of Barbara Povse (.si | MPC
Chair) regarding a request for input regarding the topic proposals for
ICANN71 plenary sessions. (deadline: Friday, 16 April - noon UTC).
Thank you.

  Best regards,

  Joke Braeken

  ccNSO Policy Advisor

  joke.braeken at icann.org

  ===  ===  ===  ===  ===

  Dear All,

  I am writing you today, to let you know that the ccNSO Meetings
Programme Committee is currently evaluating the feedback [1] received
following ICANN70.  Moreover, the MPC started planning for the upcoming
virtual ICANN71 Policy Forum. As number of sessions will be held
pre-ICANN71:

  	* 2 editions of the ccTLD community webinar, targeted at newcomers and
those that would like to learn more about the work of the ccNSO
	* 2 editions of the ccTLD News Session. The MPC will issue soon a call
for presenters.

Regarding the ICANN71 ccNSO Members Meeting: Keep an eye out for the
ccNSO ICANN meetings Workspace:
https://community.icann.org/display/ccnsowkspc/ICANN+Meetings [2].

Information will be added as soon as it becomes available.

About the ICANN71 Policy Forum:

  	* Held as a Virtual Public Meeting during 14-17 June 2021.
	* Sessions held during regular working hours in The Hague, Netherlands
(CEST / UTC+2, Amsterdam/Paris).
	* Prep Week will be held 31 May - 3 June 2021. The Prep Week schedule
will be published on 17 May 2021.
	* The Policy Forum schedule will be published on 24 May 2021.
	* Registration, scheduling and all other information and updates will
be posted here: https://71.schedule.icann.org/

Finally, I seek your feedback regarding potential ICANN71 plenary
sessions, addressing topics of higher interest to the broader ICANN
community. The SO/AC leaders kicked off the high-level planning for
ICANN71. As the Governmental Regulatory Developments plenary topic
originally scheduled for ICANN70 has been held over to ICANN71, this
effectively means that we are looking at a maximum of two other plenary
sessions.

Should you have suggestions for further topics of higher interest to be
organized as a plenary sessions at ICANN71, your input is much
appreciated. In case of new topics, kindly send me and
joke.braeken at icann.org your suggestions, including:

  	* a proposed session title
	* a short description of the session
	* the rationale
	* desired outcome
	* session format and
	* how other SO/ACs are involved.

  The deadline for this is  Friday, 16 April - noon UTC).  Thank you and
best regards,

  Barbara Povše (MPC Chair)

Joke Braeken

ccNSO Policy Advisor