[Aftld-members] ccnso-council] Language Services at ICANN69

barrack at aftld.org barrack at aftld.org
Tue Oct 6 15:56:26 EAT 2020

https://www.icann.org/news/blog/language-services-at-icann69

As a global organization, ICANN is committed to making our events and
content accessible to our global community. I'm pleased to tell you that
we will once again offer remote simultaneous interpretation (RSI) in the
six United Nations languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian,
and Spanish) for key ICANN69 sessions. These resources will be available
for the ICANN69 Virtual Annual General and related meetings:

  ·         The ICANN69 Language Services team is comprised of 34
contracted interpreters along with a team of five in-house Language
Expert/Head Interpreters. The entirely remote team will work from eight
different countries.

  ·         The team is operating during Prep Week in addition to its
work during ICANN69's Community Days and Plenary Week.

  ·         We will use the RSI platform once again, supporting up to
three rooms concurrently. Please see the Participation Guide [1] for
more details on how to use this tool.

  ·         Exact resources for each session are contained in the
schedule listing. For your reference:

  ·         Zoom A – Prep Week with six UN languages.

  ·         Zoom 3 – GAC with seven languages (six UN languages +
Portuguese)

  ·         Zoom 1 – ALAC/At-Large with three languages (English,
French, and Spanish)

  ·         Zoom 6 – Plenary room with six UN languages

  ·         We have a team of five tech experts supporting the RSI
platform.

  ·         The RSI platform will be set up in two countries, just as we
did during ICANN68, with the primary platform in Australia, and a second
exact replica in Singapore as a redundancy precaution.

  The ICANN Language Services team looks forward to supporting ICANN69.
Like many of you, we also look forward to reconnecting and working
together in person again soon. Until then, we'll see you online RSI at
ICANN69!

Links:
------
[1] https://meetings.icann.org/en/remote-participation